Platelet Rich plasma, or PRP, uses the growth factors in your own platelet-rich blood cells to help stimulate hair regrowth. The concentrated platelets found in PRP contain huge reservoirs of bioactive proteins, including growth factors and signaling proteins that are vital to initiate and accelerate hair growth. This new and innovative treatment allows you to regrow your hair and thicken existing hair without surgery.
PRP for Hair Regrowth
How it Works
- Increases blood supply to the follicle
- Increases shaft size (thickness)
- Triggers and maintains the growth phase
- Controls hair growth cycle
- Decreases hair loss
Who is an Ideal Candidate?
- We collect a small amount of your blood and enrich the platelets.
- We extract the platelet-rich plasma and inject it into your areas of hair loss.
- The enriched plasma promotes the bio-stimulation of your scalp, helping to both regrow your hair and thicken existing hair.
Good candidates for PRP hair restoration are men and women who have experienced natural hair thinning or hair loss. The best results are seen with people who are in the early stages of thinning hair, who still have active or somewhat active follicles but they are not producing as much hair or the quality of hair that is desired.Statistics of Hair Loss
What is the cost of Hair Restoration?
- Over 800,000 people are seeking professional treatment for hair loss
- There is an average of 110,000 hair follicles on the scalp
- 100 hairs on average are lost daily by people suffering from hair loss
- 40% of men by age 35 will have noticeable hair loss
- That number will increase to 65% of men by age 60
- Women suffer from hair loss as well, with 80% of women having noticeable hair loss by age 60
The cost of PRP Hair Restoration is $3,000 for 3 sessions.Is this a cure for baldness?
No. PRP Hair Restoration with stimulate hair regrowth and thickening in areas, but is not a cure for baldness. For PRP to work it still needs to have the hair follicles present.PRP Hair Restoration vs. Hair Transplant
A hair transplant is a surgical procedure in which hair follicles from the back of the scalp are taken and transplanted to the bald area. Generally this is considered the only permanent solution to baldness. However not everyone is ready for or wants to undergo surgery.
A newer option, known as platelet rich plasma therapy, can offer a solution to hair loss for people who don’t want a hair transplant or for people who are experiencing hair loss for a number of other reasons.
Platelet rich plasma, or PRP, is derived from a person’s own blood and contains several broth factors. When injected into balding areas of the scalp, the PRP can stimulate hair growth.History of PRP
Although PRP technology is considered cutting edge technology, it was initially developed 20 years ago for heart surgery to aid with the wound healing and blood loss. Its benefits are now being applied towards the facilitation of healing muscle, tendons, ligaments, articular and meniscal, injuries. In fact PRP has been widely used in Europe for many years.
PRP also is utilized for soft tissue injuries such as tendonitis, muscle sprains and tears, and various types of ligament injuries. These include common tendon injuries such as tennis and golfers elbow, Achilles tendonitis and knee tendonitis. PRP is also used to treat various injuries and conditions affecting (joint) injuries. These include rotator cuff and meniscus injuries.